Bike to Work Wednesdays – Who doesn’t want a free coffee?
February is Bike Wise month and one of the easiest parts to participate in is Bike to Work Wednesday. The first one is this Wednesday so get in to it, nothing tastes as good as a free drink. Here’s the official blurb:
Need a little ‘incentive’ to ride to work? How about a free coffee at a café near your workplace? We’ve scheduled 5 incentive days over the summer to reward you for your efforts. All you have to do is ride to work on the scheduled day, and call into one of the participating cafes below between 7am and 9am to collect your free coffee. Just show your bike helmet at the counter.
There will also be a prize draw on each day so you could win a $100 bike shop voucher. The more often you join us for coffee, the more chances you have to win. Make sure you fill in the entry form when you collect your coffee.
Wed 9 Feb • Wed 23 Feb • Wed 9 Mar • Wed 23 Mar • Wed 6 Apr
Participating Cafés: (7:00am – 9:00am)
• Mozaik Coffee, 61 Constellation Dr and 15 Douglas Alexander Parade
• Caffe Massimo, The Strand Takapuna and under Sky City Cinemas Westfield Albany
• Altura Coffee, 23 Douglas Alexander Parade
• New Deli and Café, Cnr Rosedale Rd & William Pickering Dr
• Café Drina, Cnr Paul Matthews Rd & Omega St
• New Güsto Café, Cnr Rosedale Rd & Apollo Dr
• Columbus Café, Smales Farm
• Devonport Deli Café, 16 Victoria Rd
• Bakehouse Café, 250 Main Rd Kumeu
• Ginger Café, 21 Queen St Warkworth
Registration is not required.
Oh, and a big thank you to the cafés that get involved each year, thanks for supporting cycling on the Shore. I hope you pick up some extra business out of it.
I can almost see Mozaik Café in Constellation Drive from my workplace but had never been in there until this promotion last year. It has zero street appeal and looks like a corporate prison from the road, but the coffee was great and I have since returned!